Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cherry Tart

To celebrate the holidays, I've made a simple cherry tart with a sublime pecan crust. It is easy to make, gluten free, dairy free, egg free and free of refined sugar.

Enjoy !


Crust:

1 1/2 cups pecans
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp gluten free vanilla
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup canola oil

Process pecans, rice flour, salt and cinnamon in food processor until pecans are coarsely chopped. Add vanilla, maple syrup and canola oil and process until well incorporated. Carefully press mixture into tart or pie pan, and set aside.

Filling:

20 ounces frozen cherries, thawed
1/3 cup maple syrup
5 tablespoons tapioca flour

Combine filling ingredients and pour into crust. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.

3 comments:

Mallika said...

I can't believe you exist! I am allergic to wheat, dairy sets my allergies off and sulphites make my skin crawl. Your blog is pure genius. Thanks a ton (to your boy too)!andma

Mallika said...

I can't believe you exist! I am allergic to wheat, dairy sets my allergies off and sulphites make my skin crawl. Your blog is pure genius. Thanks a ton (to your boy too)!

vegetablej said...

What a great idea to use pecans and maple syrup for the crust. I've been wanting a good crust for pies and I think I'll give this a try. Thanks!